Our overarching investment philosophy is to build broadly-diversified portfolios that seek to maximize returns given each client’s targeted risk profile. By asking the right questions and carefully listening to our client’s goals, we construct personalized solutions, avoiding a one-size-fits-all approach to asset management.
The core tenets of our philosophy can be characterized as follows:
- We believe a well-diversified portfolio will add significant value over-time — giving our clients the best opportunity to meet their long-term goals. Generally, our clients’ portfolios will be invested in over 20 asset segments across the full investment spectrum – domestic and global, equity and fixed income, developed and emerging markets, real assets, and alternative strategies
- We strive to maintain fully invested positions in virtually all economic environments and market conditions, rebalancing periodically to maintain strategic asset allocations among all your holdings – including your 401(k), stock options and other executive benefits – to create a personalized plan tailored to your specific situation and goals.
- We utilize the full array of investment strategies and portfolio construction techniques to meet client needs, including:
- Active and passive investment strategies
- Tax aware and tax efficient portfolio construction
- Multiple investment structures (e.g. mutual funds, ETFs, closed-end funds, private placements, separate accounts, variable contracts, hedge funds, and alternative investment strategies).
We take a holistic approach to wealth management based on the understanding that each client has a unique financial situation, needs, goals and aspirations. We "connect the dots" among all your holdings – including your 401(k), stock options and other executive benefits – to create a personalized plan tailored to your specific situation and goals.
We leverage our proprietary asset allocation model to help clients develop a comprehensive and long-term investment strategy that provides a solid framework for portfolio construction. We periodically adjust this strategy to ensure that all asset allocations reflect our current views on risk. This shorter term “overlay” helps to capitalize on opportunities presented by current market conditions. Through this blend of strategic and tactical asset allocation, we seek to achieve specific performance targets with a corresponding emphasis on wealth preservation and risk management.
At LifeSTAGE, we offer access to the entire financial marketplace, complemented by favorable institutional pricing. To identify the “best-in-class” money managers, we follow a disciplined selection process that includes an in-depth analysis of each manager based on important quantitative and qualitative factors. Our quantitative analysis focuses on each manager’s performance, fee structure, and risk as measured against appropriate benchmarks and peer groups, while our qualitative analysis takes into account their philosophy, approach, and history of the funds they manage.
We actively monitor the performance of our selected money managers to ensure they meet relevant benchmarks and remain true to their stated investment objectives. At the same time, we continually monitor our client’s investments to remain ahead of changes and events that could affect long-term success. Rebalancing portfolios back to a pre-determined, targeted allocation is core to our disciplined approach to investing. It helps to prevent overexposure or underexposure to any one asset class and encourages investors to buy low and sell high.